ISS Registration and Orientation Information for Graduate
International Student Registration and Orientation
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, both new student ISS registration and orientation will be held in an ONLINE format. If you have any questions about ISS registration or orientation, please contact the ISS office at firstname.lastname@example.org with your OSU student ID and full name.
Step 1: Register at University Health Services
Conduct your health screening (COVID Screening, Tuberculosis Testing, Immunization Records) at the University Health Services.
You need to call to make an appointment with UHS at (405) 744-7665
Upon your arrival, you should visit UHS.
Aug 3rd through 6th will be available for Undergraduates.
1. Do COVID Screening.
COVID Testing and Vaccines should be available as appropriate for requesting students.
2. Take Tuberculosis Testing
For more detailed information, please check University Health Services.
3. Submit Your Immunization Records
You will need to call to make an appointment with UHS at (405) 744-7665.
Visit UHS website to learn more about our immunization requirements:
Covid Vaccinations Available
Currently the state is in Phase 4 of distribution and all OSU-Stillwater faculty, staff and students are eligible.
COVID-19 vaccinations are still available, and OSU encourages everyone to get the vaccination. To schedule an appointment, visit website for more information.
After you have completed the health screening, you have to bring the signed & stamped yellow ticket when you visit the ISS office to collect your new Continuous I-20 for the ISS registration.
Step 2: Start your immigration registration online (must be from inside U.S.)
- You are required to fill out the form below to be registered with ISS.
- Also, scan and attach your passport, initial I-20 and I-94 for the most recent entry to update your status in the SEVIS.
Step 3: Schedule your new I-20 pick-up time and date at the ISS office
You will receive a separate email upon your registration form submission.
When you visit the ISS office for pick up the continued attendance I-20, you will need your
- Initial attendance I-20
- Passport (VISA attached)
- The signed & stamped yellow health ticket.
- Step 4: If you plan to work, schedule your work permit session and attend the session
Step 5: Activate your O-Key account
You will need to activate your O-key account to proceed to the next steps.
Step 6: ISS New International Student Orientation
Once you completed the registration step, you will receive an online orientation through Canvas. Please follow the instruction and fully complete the orientation to remove the orientation hold that blocks future enrollment.
International Student Orientation provides important information on immigration, legal, health and academic issues. All new international students (including transfers from U.S. institutions) are required to attend and complete our International Student Orientation program. Many current international and American students volunteer to assist during orientation so it gives newcomers an opportunity to make new friends upon arrival.
At Orientation you will:
- Learn about immigration regulations for international students.
- Talk with current students about the OSU Experience.
- Learn about university services.
- Meet fellow incoming OSU students.
- Learn about the health insurance program and health procedures in the United States.
- Learn about campus safety.
- Learn about US Banks including savings, checking and credit and debit cards.
International Student Orientation is MANDATORY for all new international students. Failure to complete orientation will result in:
- a hold on your enrollment for the subsequent semester
- an additional $100.00 charge
- required attendance of make-up orientation sessions during the subsequent semester
You can find and download the current orientation schedule download orientation schedule here.
Step 7: Complete your GC New Graduate College Registration
Schedule your appointment to check in with the Graduate College by emailing email@example.com or contacting your admissions officer.
Step 8: Advising meeting and enrollment
- OSU is offering three different instructional methods: (e.g. traditional face-to-face, online, blended/hybrid)
- For new students to be considered full-time, you are only allowed to enroll at most one online course.
- Check this link for more details.
- Check in with the Graduate college to discuss your academic program and advisor.
- Step 9: ITA Exam for GTA student