Southwest Jiaotong University (SWJTU) is a comprehensive national research university in Chengdu, China. Founded in 1896, SWJTU was originally named Imperial Chinese Railway College, and later Tangshan Jiaotong University, Tangshan Railway Institute, and so on. It is one of the earliest universities in China, and is known as “the Cradle for the Chinese Railway Engineers” and “East Cornell”. It is considered as the origin of higher learning and education of transportation engineering and civil engineering in China. SWJTU, located in Chengdu, is a top tier national comprehensive university in central part of China.
Current Collaborations Coverage:
- College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology
- Spear School of Business
- College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Institute of Teaching Learning Excellence
- Division of Student Affairs
- Study Abroad Office
OSU-SWJTU Collaboration History (Activities):
- MOU and Reciprocal Exchange Agreement (signed in 2008)
- Since 2009, 68 senior student affairs administrators have attended OSU International Symposium on Student Affairs (SAIS); Dr. Lee Bird has been invited twice to provide training and workshops for SWJTU student affairs staff.
- 44 “2+2” program students in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Fire Protection and Business (signed in 2010), and Landscape Architecture 2+3 (signed in 2011)
- 49 Exchange students (Since 2010)
- 10 OSU students studied at SWJTU as reciprocal exchange students
- SWJTU Presidential Delegation visited OSU annually from 2010-2014.
- OSU President Hargis visited SWJTU twice (in 2011 and 2014)
- Chinese Language Instruction Agreement signed in 2011 (SWJTU has sent two instructors so far, with SWJTU support, OSU offers minor in Chinese now)
- Strategic Partnership Agreement signed in 2011
- OSU Summer Short-term Program for SWJTU Honors students (Since 2011, 114 students)
- OSU Summer Short-term Program for SWJTU Landscape Agriculture students (Since 2012, 40 students)
- OSU provides Senior Administrators Training program for SWJTU (Since 2013, 18 people)
- OSU ITLE, CAS and CEAT provide Faculty training program (Since 2013, 55 junior faculty members)
SWJTU Winter Program 2015:
The President of the Southwest Jiaotong University, Mr. Xu Fei, visited OSU in the Spring 2014 semester.
Students with Southwest Jiaotong University President, Mr. Xu Fei.
SWJTU Students Fall 2015
Fall 2015 Graduation Ceremony
- College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology
- Spears School of Business
- College of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources
Office of International Students and Scholars of OSU
Manager of Chinese Development
250 Student Union, Stillwater, OK 74078
International Affairs Office of SWJTU
Chinese Program Coordinator