The Office of International Students and Scholars (ISS) at Oklahoma State University (OSU) provides specialized services for students and scholars who are sponsored by various organizations, institutions and governments. The specialized support provided by ISS helps to reduce stress, enhance academic success and ease transitions for sponsored students and scholars facing complex immigration, financial, and personal adjustment challenges. ISS staff possess vast international experience and years of dedication to international student services.
Karen Sebring, Coordinator of Sponsored Students, works closely with sponsors and their students to facilitate communication and ensure that requirements of fellowships and scholarships are met. She assists with immigration concerns, employment issues and the overall management of sponsor funds. She also provides broad administrative and personal support services for sponsored students and scholars.
In order to facilitate these services, ISS requires original copies of financial support forms and letters outlining the terms of sponsorship. Sponsors should also indicate the services they desire/require including who should be invoiced for tuition, fees and related expenses.
The ISS Sponsored Student Coordinator will help sponsors to facilitate:
- Timely processing of applications
- Third-party billing directly to sponsors
- Disbursement of stipends and/or other sponsor funds
- J-1 visa document issuance (if needed)
- Monitoring of academic progress
- Regular progress reports for sponsors
- Logistical support as needed
The ISS Sponsored Student Coordinator will help sponsored students to facilitate:
- Direct communication with sponsors by e-mail, phone, fax or express mail
- Monthly off-campus trips
- Cross-cultural experiences
- Ground transportation to Stillwater from the OKC airport upon arrival and return transportation upon departure
- Assistance with appropriate housing needs
- Assistance with banking service needs
- Logistical support to establish a residence
- Direct communication with home country
- Enrollment support and facilitation
- Greater exposure to OSU, Stillwater, Oklahoma, and U.S. customs and culture
Information for sponsored students and sponsors:
OSU has participated in numerous programs with the following sponsors:
- Chevron Global Upstream
- China Scholarship Council
- Conoco Phillips Libya Waha Ltd.
- Fulbright - AMIDEAST
- Iraq Embassy
- Kuwait Embassy
- Mining Governance and Growth Support Project/World Bank (Malawi)
- Oman Embassy
- Qatar Higher Education Institute
- Republic of Zambia - APPSA
- Royal Thai Embassy
- Saudi Airlines
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission
- Turkish Embassy
- UAE Embassy
- West Africa Management Services
Making Electronic Wire Transfers to OSU using Western Union:
Oklahoma State University has partnered with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students and their families a fast, easy, and affordable way to pay education costs online and in their own currency. This service allows you to pay locally from your home bank, saving you money on exchange rates and bank fees. Funds are credited directly to your bursar account in dollars in as few as two (2) business days.
Western Union / International Wire Payments<https://www.
Upon receipt of this wire transfer, ISS will post funds to student's specific grant account.
Please notify Bursar Office (email@example.com) and ISS sponsor student coordinator/representative when the transfer is sent.
- The name of the person who is wiring
- The Student's full name and Banner ID / CWID number
- The amount
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Coordinator of Sponsored Students