Services provided by the office of international students and scholars
The ISS staff members provide numerous services for international students and scholars enrolled at OSU. Some of the ISS services include:
- Assistance with all pre-arrival and post-arrival needs of new students these include airport pick-ups, assistance with bank accounts, housing, books and all other "settling in" needs.
- Advise and assist all international students on university policies, immigration regulations, personal and financial matters and render assistance toward support programs on campus and locally in Stillwater.
- Process and prepare all types of forms and reports required by the USCIS (United States Citizenship Immigration Services), U.S. Department of State and any other federal or educational institution.
- Issue employment clearances and assist with annual tax form preparations.
- Facilitate cultural connections by coordinating with departmental organizations, community organizations and international organizations that focus on international students at OSU and Stillwater.
- Maintain a listserv and website with pertinent information for international students.
- Update international students with changes to procedures and policies at OSU and in the United States.
- Conduct research, complete surveys and statistical reports.
- Be on call for emergencies involving the police and hospital.
- ISS assists all international sponsored students, scholars and international faculty with matters pertaining to the government, private agencies and international-sponsored student alumni.
The Office of International Students and Scholars invites international students and scholars as well as American students, faculty, staff and community members to access its services.