Effective July 31, 2013, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) will no longer mail I-797C receipts. The payment confirmation that can be printed from the FMJFEE website will replace the I-797C mailed receipt. The payment confirmation can be printed anytime by clicking on the ‘Check I-901 Status/Print Payment Confirmation” button.
You must have a complete and accurate Form I-20 to complete the Form I-901 online and to pay the SEVIS Fee. Ensure a printer is connected and working before continuing. Students from Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and Gambia will not be allowed to pay by credit card online. Students from these countries must pay by Western Union.
To Pay Online:
1. Fill out Form I-901 at www.fmjfee.com.
2. Complete the form online and provide the necessary Visa, MasterCard, or American Express information to pay the $200 fee.
a. Enter your name and date of birth exactly as it appears on your Form I-20.
b. Enter the SEVIS ID Number correctly from the Form I-20.
3. Print a copy of the online receipt. This receipt will be shown as proof of payment to the visa-issuing officer at the US Embassy or Consulate.
4. Be sure to make copies of your receipt, and keep it with your other important immigration documents.
To Pay by Western Union
1. Do not file the Form I-901 online.
2. Print a copy of these instructions, a copy of the Western Union form example and a copy of your I-20. Take a copy of each of these three documents with you when you visit your local Western Union Quick Pay location.
3. Go to a local Western Union agent location and pay the I-901 SEVIS fee in the local currency.
4. Review the Western Union form to make sure that the Western Union agent uses your name, your SEVIS ID number and your date of birth (not the information that appears on the Western Union form example). Find the nearest Western Union location or call the telephone number of the Western Union Commercial Services Network Agent in your country as listed in your phone book.
5. After three business days, check on FMJfee.com to view your payment status. Once you see confirmation of payment on FMJfee.com print out the confirmation page. The confirmation page is proof of payment of the I-901 SEVIS fee, and you can use it for a visa interview at a US Consulate or Embassy and for admission at a US port of entry.
6. If you are paying on behalf of someone else, Western Union may require you to use your own name and address. If this happens please make sure that you are entering the student’s SEVIS ID. After submitting the payment, please send an email or have the student send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with INFO CHANGE in the subject line. Include the SEVIS ID for which the payment was made and any information requiring an update.
For questions please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars at 405-744-5459 or by email email@example.com.
WESTERN UNION FORM EXAMPLE