Chinese Students Leadership Program
What is it?
- Chinese students Leadership program is a series of lectures and activities to facilitate your understanding and improving your individual leadership style and recognize your capacity to lead in all areas of your life.
What could I learn from it?
- Understand, identify and analyze the strengths and limitations of your leadership style.
- Strengthen your public-speaking skills.
- Refine your listening and problem-solving skills.
- Expand your ability to work in diverse groups.
- Explore the leadership challenges associated with complex social issues.
- Understand how to work with others and make a difference for the community.
- Understand and appreciate cultural difference.
Students will be required to complete all the workshops and activities to receive the certificate of leadership development.
The workshop on leadership development will allow you to understand and enhance your leadership skills needed for both personal and professional growth. Learn more about your leadership style and how to effectively maximize your strengths.
Volunteer activities provide an opportunity to work with others and serve the community to make a difference. Students need to choose from one of the three volunteer opportunities listed.
Be a mentor for new students in Fall 2017Students who complete all the previous activities will have the opportunity to sign up to be a mentor for the new Chinese students in Fall 2017.
- Full-time student at OSU.
- Be available to serve as a mentor in Fall 2017.
- Have a good academic standing.